Louder Than A Bomb was started in 2001 in Chicago by poets Anna West and Kevin Coval. It’s since grown to be the largest youth poetry festival in the world, and even inspired a full-length feature film.
Louder Than A Bomb aims to bring teens together across racial, gang, and socio-economic lines. LTAB is a friendly competition that emphasizes self-expression and community via poetry, oral story-telling, and hip-hop spoken word.
In spring 2014, MassLEAP presents the third annual Louder Than A Bomb Massachusetts youth poetry slam!
When will LTAB take place?
- 3/22 – New coaches meeting & training. Mandatory for new teams
- 4/12 – Mandatory Coaches Meeting
- 5/3 – Crossing the Street – Opening Ceremony and Workshops
- 5/10 – LTAB 2014 Prelims – MassART
- 5/11 – LTAB 2014 Semis – MassART
- 5/15 – LTAB 2014 Finals Showcase – BU Theatre
How can I participate?
1. Create a team! If you are a young person, a teacher or adult mentor in a school or community organization serving students between the ages of 13-19, you could be part of the festival. Learn more.
2. Join the organizing team! If you are awesome and committed to working with a strong team of festival organizers to kick off the second Louder Than A Bomb MA, email Managing Director Alex Charalambides and introduce yourself! alex [[at]] massleapcollective [[dot]] org
3. Volunteer! Do you want to help out but can’t commit to being on the Organizing Team? Sign up to volunteer! Email Outreach Coordinator Eve Ewing for more info: eve [[at]] massleapcollective [[dot]] org
Do you have another question that was not answered here? Send an email to info [[at]] massleapcollective [[dot]] org and we will get right back to you.